Monday, January 21, 2013

Think I know who impersonated me.

Thinking about it off and on the last week about who went out on 1up and impersonated me on their site, there's only one person who fits the bill.

James Watkins.

I don't know what the story with this guy is. He certainly doesn't act like your typical 50+ year old man. He's more of a manchild than I could ever be. His writing and demeanor certainly comes off as crude and lacking of maturity.

I've read some of his blogs and they come off as abridged versions of what you can read in Wikipedia. He seems dedicated to protect a dying website like a squatter defending the condemned building he lives in. I don't know why Jeremy Parish or Sam Kennedy would have this guy be the one deciding who can be a part of 1up and who can't.

I feel he legitimately despises me for my views on video gaming; long before I took shots at his family. I don't remember this guy from 2009, he may have used another name. I know a lot of Xbox 360 fanboys over the years have loathed me for telling the truth about MS and their business practices. It doesn't matter to them that I owned 3 Xbox 360s in the past and actually spent $20 on Game Room downloads.

What bothers me about the guy is that he seemingly condones murder, gun play and violence on his 1up page. In the months after Aurora and Sandy Hook, I feel it's politically incorrect to glorify such things since it's a sensitive subject. Even if he's quoting movies or such, it needs to be toned down or removed. I feel he doesn't care about any innocents that were slaughtered in the past. As long as his daughter isn't a victim, there's no harm I guess.

I don't know why 1up would choose him as a moderator for their dying site but I guess if you're going to be deleted, you want to go down swinging.

Then again, moderators choose to live a life obsessed with a site and hoping they can gain power from the administrators so they can have that feeling many people crave. I'm just glad I've never had that need.

Anyway, that's who I think is the impersonator.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even close Brian, I don't care enough to bother making alts and pretending to be you.
    And by the way, guns don't kill people...people kill people.You want to stop all the killing then get your government to improve the Mental Health care in this nation because that is what the true cause is.And by the way..just like you, I tell it like it is and if you don't like it..too bad.I'm not Politically Correct because I was raised in a generation where a person took responsibility for their actions instead of pointing the finger at everything else.

    ReplyDelete